Monday, August 25, 2008

Music Photography

My parents took me and my brother Steve to see Queen in Atlanta Georgia when I was 8 (Mom, Dad, that was pretty damn cool of you.) I was amazed by what I saw. Don't get me wrong, Queen was really good, but it wasn't so much the band as the experience. The energy, the crowd reactions…..it is something that is with me to this day. I love to watch live music, and I love to photograph it.

I have been fortunate enough to shoot some really good bands over the last few years….Widespread Panic, LL Cool J, Sister Hazel, John Mayer, Robert Randolph, Ben Harper, The Funky Meters, North Mississippi Allstars, Whild Peach (Outkast’s studio and stage band) Dirty Dozen Brass Band, and several very good local bands. Out of 900 plus photos, I managed to narrow it down to around 60. Enjoy!
































































2 comments:

Kesler Crew said...

These are all great! I expecially love the ones of Ben Harper - what a wonderful artist who sings from his soul. I have displayed my copies proudly in my "Chris Jenkins Gallery"!

In the famous words of your friend years ago, "I sing, you party now!"

tannnngerine said...

i love your music pics! i wish i knew my way around a camera! anyway, i was peeking at your site.

take it easy,
the "other" LeCrisha